Lutheranch Equestrian Program
Guided Trail Rides
Experience the beauty of West Georgia by horseback. Bring your family, friends, school, church or corporate group out to the Ranch for a two-hour trail ride experience. We provide trained guides, friendly horses, and over 500 private acres of beautiful terrain to explore. Click here to meet the Lutheranch program horses.
- Guided trail rides include a safety briefing on the ground, short arena lesson, approximately one hour on the trails, and time for photos on and off horses.
- Ages 5 years and up (ages 5-8 on lead line with Lutheranch staff).
- Rides offered year-round during daylight hours, Monday-Saturday.
- 1:4 ratio of Lutheranch staff to riders.
- Minimum of 2 riders/group, maximum of 4 (we are currently limiting group size to practice safe social distancing).
- For your safety, all riders are required to wear a riding helmet (provided by Lutheranch), close toed shoes and long pants.
- Download What to Expect at the Barn to read our new COVID-19 related procedures to help reduce your risk during your visit.
Rates start at $55/person for two-hour experience.
A $25/person non-refundable deposit is required at the time of reservation. Reservations will not be considered final until payment is received.
Reservations must be made one week in advance.
To check availability and make a reservation, click on the link below or call 404-583-4591.
Southeast Arena and Trail (SEAT) Series
Competitive Trail Rides
Lutheranch is proud to serve as host site for SEAT Series rides.
SEATS rides are friendly, low key, competitions that provide an opportunity for horse and rider to challenge themselves, have fun and build their partnership. Riders can choose to participate in a six-mile trail ride with six judged obstacles along the way, an arena challenge with eight judged obstacles in an enclosed arena or an in-hand competition with eight judged obstacles completed from the ground with the horse led in-hand. The “Rider Combo” option gives horse and rider the opportunity to participate in all three events at a reduced rate. There are multiple divisions with varying levels of challenge to meet the needs of every horse and rider. Those who do not wish to compete but want to enjoy the experience can choose the “Ride Along” option and simply enjoy the trails with friends.
Lutheranch will be hosting “Mother’s Day Magic” trail ride and arena challenge on Sunday, May 9, 2021. To give you time to enjoy church or brunch with your mom before the ride, we will have a later start time for this ride. Gates open at noon with the trail competition starting at 2:00pm and the arena challenge opening at 3:00pm.
You can choose to register for junior, novice, intermediate or advanced divisions, as well as an in-hand division in the arena. If you want to ride the trails but not compete, register as a ride-along. Costs range from $30-$45 depending on division.
Overnight lodging, stalls, and lunch are also available for purchase onsite at Lutheranch.
Although this is an outdoor event, for everyone’s health and safety, we ask that you maintain social distancing and wear a mask when you must be within 6 feet of someone outside your own group. Masks must be worn inside all buildings (including restrooms) at Lutheranch.
Ride At Lutheranch
Bring Your Own Horse
Do you have your own horse? Love trail riding? Looking for a new place to ride?
Bring your own horse and ride the trails at Lutheranch!
Our wide trails meander up and down hills, through forests, across creeks and through wide open meadows. You’ll ride past cow pastures and lakes, and likely see deer, a variety of birds and other wildlife as you explore the property.
Trails are open to the public from:
Wednesday-Sunday: 8:00 a.m-6:00 p.m.
Monday and Tuesday: Closed
A $5.00 trail maintenance fee and a signed Lutheranch Liability Release are required for each rider prior to riding on Lutheranch property and may be left in the drop box on the office door at the barn. Trail maps are available at the barn office.
For your safety and the safety of all other riders, please abide by the following rules. Failure to follow the rules will result in trails being closed to the public.
- No alcohol
- No pets
- Riders under 18 must wear a helmet. All others are strongly encouraged to wear one.
- Lutheranch does not provide a trail guide (one can be provided for an additional fee with advanced notice). Please take a map with you and plan your ride to be back before the trails close at 6:00 pm.
- Pack in, pack out. Please help us keep the trails and facilities clean by taking all trash home with you. DO NOT LITTER. Please clean up any manure in the parking area.
- Park only in front of the barn on the gravel. Keep trucks and trailers on gravel roads. Do NOT drive in pastures or on grass
- Do not go through any closed gates. Stay out of cow and horse pastures.
- You may ride in the arena if there is not a class or program in progress. If you ride in the arena, you MUST clean up any manure after riding.
- Please stay out of barn, tack room, feed room, and other buildings on the property. If you’d like a tour of the barn/facilities, contact the Equestrian Director at 404-583-4591.
- Groups larger than 10 riders require advance notice and approval by the Equestrian Director.